Sunday, November 15, 2009

Awards Assembly

At the girl's school, they do an awards assembly at the end of every nine weeks to recognize those kids who have done well. It just so happens that each grade is at a different time, so 3rd grade was at 9am in the morning, and 5th was at 2:00pm on October 27th. Well, since it was a Tuesday, I had tennis lessons that morning. Eric was on-call the night before, so he didn't go in to work until later that day. I asked him if he would be willing to go and support Tessa in the morning session while I went to tennis and I would go to Jesikah's that afternoon. He agreed, and took these pictures of her. Tessa was ecstatic to see her dad there.
Here, Tessa is receiving her award for getting straight A's.


Tessa and the boy behind her, Mitchell, were the only two who got straight A's from Mrs. French's 3rd grade class. Mrs. French is standing on the far right (in the crazy outfit). It just so happened that the awards assembly took place during red ribbon week on the day that they dressed crazy. Tessa was so excited to dress crazy that she wore her pants inside out and her shirt backwards with a crazy belt. Jesikah, on the other hand, wore mismatched socks for her craziness. Both socks were white, one with light purple toes and one with light pink toes. Way to be crazy, Jesikah! She thought Tessa was weird for being so crazy, but that is Tessa!

Tessa also received the art award for her class from the art teacher.

Now for the sad part, Mom completely forgot to attend Jesikah's awards assembly that afternoon. It all came out around the dinner table that night...

Mom: Tessa, what was your best and worst thing about today?

Tessa: My best thing was when DAD came to my awards assembly today. It was so awesome!

Mom: (face dropped)

Jesikah: What! Dad came to your awards assembly and NO ONE came to mine! Priya felt sorry for me and took pictures of me since no one was there!

Dad: You didn't go? (to Mom)

Mom: I'm so sorry, I completely forgot.

I felt so bad that I missed her assembly, but my friend, Priya, graciously took pictures of Jesikah on the momentous occasion.




Ironically, Jesikah received the same two awards as Tessa. She received the recognition for straight A's, and the art award. Way to go, girls!

It wouldn't be fair not to mention that Alex also achieved straight A's this nine weeks, but no awards ceremony for middle schoolers! :)

3 comments:

6L's said...

oh no! i hate those terrible mommy moments to make us feel like crap! :( glad your friend got the pics for you at least! i have decided writing on your hand isn't such a bad idea, lol!

snapie said...

Oh that is so sad! But congrats to your awesome girls. That is really impressive.

Susan said...

So you are not super woman after all :) I was beginning to worry...what with all that PTO voluteering and stuff. You were starting to give me a complex ;) Congrats to both of the girls. Way to go!