Friday, September 5, 2008

Minivan Mom to Stay!

Last week, with all the 2008 close-outs and dealer cash back on cars, we decided it was time to make the move for us. We had kept our red Dodge the 4+ years we had intended and we were ready for something else. Plus, the miles were about right for a good trade-in (at least we thought)--haha! Little did we know that Dodges are "disposable vehicles" and the likes. Strange thing was, when we mentioned we could sell it one our own if it was going to be "such a burden", the tune changed. They strongly discouraged that--that "wasn't a good idea at all". Car shopping is frustrating!

Anyway, after A LOT of shopping around and about a week, we finally found the right van for the right price with almost what we wanted for our trade-in. I really love my new white Toyota Sienna. I really like the dual automatic sliding doors and the backseat slide-down windows. One of my favorite things though is the outlet for my ipod. We really liked the Honda Odysseys too, and even looked at some non-minivans, but I love the comfort, roominess, and conveniences of a minivan. They are built to accomodate families, so I remain a "minivan mom"! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Rozanne,
Glad that you saw the light! I remember when you bought the Dodge and I think that Sienna is a great upgrade. I have one myself and have loved it for the past 2 1/2 years. I have the eight passengers and it works out great for carpooling. Enjoy:-)

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

I'm jealous. I'm ready for a minivan, but not ready for the car payment. Someday...